Jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite summer foods. Nothing beats fresh jalapeños straight from the garden or farmer’s market. My jalapeños are hot this year!!! The last few years my peppers haven’t had any heat, very disappointing. Maybe I’ve been overwatering them? Or it might be because I planted basil in the same garden bed? Anyone have any tips on how to make your peppers hotter? These poppers are the best jalapeño poppers. So simple and easy to make!
The first time I ever made these jalapeño poppers was when I was home for the summer at my parent’s house during college. They had a ridiculous amount of jalapeños, which I find interesting because they don’t do spicy food…not sure why my mom plants hot peppers, haha… anyway, some of the jalapeños had turned red. I thought that red jalapeños meant that they probably got slightly sweet, like bell peppers. Oh my gosh I was wrong! To this day, I don’t think I’ve ever tasted such hot peppers. It took me hours to recover.
Jalapeños are so unpredictable. Sometimes they’re crazy, spicy hot and other times as mild as a bell pepper. You never know what you’re going to get. In any case, making this simple recipe for the best jalapeño poppers is a crowd pleaser. This is a great recipe to take to summer barbecues. It’s always a hit! Promise! The cream cheese and bacon compliment the heat of the jalapeños wonderfully. Make them for your next barbecue. Or just make them for yourself, like I did…can’t/won’t tell you how many poppers Kris and I ate ourselves….
- 15-20 jalapeños
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 10-15 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use plastic gloves or a baggie when handling jalapeños.
- Cut the tops off the jalapeños and cut the jalapeños in half. Remove the seeds.
- Fill the jalapeño halves with cream cheese.
- Next, wrap the jalapeños with bacon and secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped jalapeños on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or let cool prior to serving.
- *makes 30-45 poppers, serving size is 4-5 poppers per person