We went camping and rafting on the Lochsa and Selway rivers over the weekend. Which means I’m working on getting back on track with healthy eating. Not that I totally splurged all weekend, but I definitely did not follow my typical eating routine. Luckily Jennie-O sent me these amazing frozen turkey burgers so it’s easy to get back on track with healthy eating. And this Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger Salad is easy to make and delicious.
I have few other ideas in mind on how to spruce up these burgers so stay tuned. The trial run of the turkey bacon cheeseburger salad was a success, and I love salads (and it’s too hot out to cook), so of course, I decided to share it with you all first. This salad can be ready in less than 30 minutes and you can easily customize the toppings with your favorite cheeseburger toppings.
You can pan cook the turkey burgers frozen! That’s right, no defrosting time needed! And no defrosting saves time. I’m not very good at meal planning and frequently forget to take meat out of the freezer in advance, so I was pretty excited about the no defrosting part. The other bonus about these frozen turkey burger patties is that they are pre-formed and individually wrapped, which makes them super convenient.
I foresee many turkey bacon cheeseburger salads in the near future. I think Kris and I are out of town most weekends for the rest of the summer, mostly camping and rafting. It’s nice to have something on-hand like the turkey burgers that you know is going to be easy, healthy, and delicious. I have a hard time getting back in the swing of things after being gone all weekend. This past weekend, we left Friday right after work and didn’t get home until after midnight on Sunday night. We had a great time. Rafting the Lochsa is always fun. And we love to camp! Anyone have any fun plans for the summer?
- 2 Jennie-O frozen turkey burgers
- 4 slices of bacon
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6-8 red onion slices
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup of Ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- Baby dill pickles to garnish
- Cook frozen turkey patties according to package directions (place in a skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees)
- While turkey is cooking, cook bacon in a separate skillet.
- Meanwhile, assemble salads. Place half of the lettuces in large bowls. Top with remaining ingredients, half on each salad. Garnish with baby dill pickle.
- In a medium bowl, mix ranch and mustard.
- When turkey patties and bacon are cooked all the way through, chopped the bacon and place a turkey patty and 2 slices of chopped bacon on each salad.
- Finally drizzle with ranch mustard dressing.